About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Administrative Officer (HR) in Grade 8 and will be expected to report to the Head of the Human Resources & Development Unit (HRD). The starting salary is that of EUR 19,400. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the HRD function:
- General office and secretarial duties to support the Head, including filing. Archiving, managing incoming and outgoing mail and following correspondence;
- Assisting the Head in the recruitment process, including vetting of applications, following correspondence with applicants, scheduling and coordinating interviews, and ensuring completion of internal arrangements for newly recruited employees;
- Record keeping of the HRD function Databases, managing staff sick/vacation leave and providing regular returns to Jobsplus and other bodies;
- Coordinating tasks in relation to demands for in-house and local training, including issuing calls for nominations internally, administering registrations, liaising with nominees, following up attendance to courses, monitoring payments relating to course registrations, keeping of training records, and seeing to logistics arrangements;
- Liaising with the Head in the management of Training Schemes; and
- Assist with other tasks and duties as may be requested within the HRD and/or the Agency.
A Diploma in Training and Development OR Human Resources Management OR a related discipline OR a comparable related recognised qualification at NQF Level 5 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years working in a Human Resources and Development environment and 5 ‘O’ Levels, we would still be interested in speaking with you. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
Candidates opting to apply via post are to send their Curriculum Vitae (C.V) and covering letter, for the attention of the Head of the Human Resources & Development Unit, Malta Business Registry, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 12th August 2019.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 591/2019