Last Updated on May 2, 2022
About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at an Administrative Officer level (starting Salary from €19,695) and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
The appointee will report to the Head of the ICT Unit and will undertake duties in connection with coaching and mentoring from a technical perspective, together with the development and upkeep of the MBR’s Information Systems. The job involves direction interaction with the users in different units at the MBR to implement effective software solutions within the Agency using the latest technologies.
The individual selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Participating in IT-related asset purchases on an organisation-wide basis;
- Serves customers by providing service information and resolving services issues;
- Resolves service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution;
- Prepares service reports by collecting and analysing customer information;
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times;
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries;
- Communicating with customers in Maltese and English through various channels (phone, email and chat);
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process;
- Ensures customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support;
- Able to work in multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining quality and attention to detail;
- Offer technical support for internal and external business stakeholders, identify needs and apply or propose appropriate technical solutions;
- Effectively plan and manage time, for tasks completion;
- Problem solving and taking decisions in a fast-paced technical environment; and
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Head of the Unit.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the ICT Unit and/or the MBR.
Soft skills required:
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts;
- Capable to follow organisation’s policies/procedures and successfully achieve the Agency’s Business and IT objectives by serving as an in-house technical reference to team members;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking agile environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Be knowledgeable in current technology and trends;
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language;
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary;
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- A high degree of self-confidence;
- Adequate negotiation skills; and
- Ability to coach, mentor and inspire.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Diploma at NQF Level 5 or better in Computer Science or Information Technology/Management; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates who at least possess three (3) years’ prior experience in a related area AND a minimum of 6 ‘O’ Levels (one of which could be an ECDL Certification).
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 30th May 2022.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 782/2021