Last Updated on October 12, 2021
About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, has various responsibilities in terms of the Companies Act, Ch 386 of the Laws of Malta. The Office of the Official Receiver functions within the Malta Business Registry and is responsible for the dissolution and winding up of commercial partnerships ordered by the Court, and other functions relating to pre-insolvency, and restructuring of companies.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Administrative Officer in Grade 8 (Starting Salary from €19,695) and will be expected to report to the Official Receiver and support him in his functions. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following:
- Preparing and issuing notices for publication;
- corresponding and dealing with company officials, creditors and related third parties;
- coordinating meetings and taking of minutes;
- attending offsite locations to coordinate and/or supervise operations related to the dissolution or restructuring of companies;
- carrying out of Court-related duties, including assistance in the preparation of information and documentation for submission as evidence, or otherwise in Court;
- attending Court sittings as required to support the Official Receiver;
- Carrying out any other general clerical and administrative duties as directed from time to time, including the upkeep of a filing system, and answering telephone enquiries;
- Provide timely, accurate and focused information on commercial partnerships and related matters to superiors;
- Propose practical solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis; and
- Assist superiors in the coordination and administration of any projects lead by the office of the Official Receiver.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties and other Units within the MBR as may be directed from time to time either by the Official Receiver or by any other official to whom the Chief’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
(i) Preference will be given to candidates who possess an NQF Level 5 Diploma of Legal Procurator or in Accountancy or in a Finance discipline; OR
(ii) Candidates who at least possess three (3) years’ experience in a related area AND a minimum of 6 ‘O’ Levels (one of which may be an ECDL Certification).
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 25th October 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: