About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Register (MBR), established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The Administrative Officer (starting Salary from EUR 19,370) will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Registrar (CEO) and the Deputy Registrar (COO) of the MBR. The job holder will be required to:
- Coordinate and maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments and meetings;
- General office and secretarial duties to support the CEO and the COO, including filing, managing incoming and outgoing emails and following correspondence;
- Preliminary drafting of correspondence on the CEO/COO’s behalf;
- Receive and relay messages/telephone calls;
- Greet and receive visitors;
- Co-ordinates office activities;
- Responsible to take minutes (including taking action points) during staff meetings and also, when necessary, during meetings with clients; and
- Fill-in as required in reception duties.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the CEO and/or the COO.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the MBR.
We are looking for candidates who at least possess a three (3) years’ experience in a related area AND a minimum of 6 ‘O’ levels (one of which being the ECDL Certification).
Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Secretarial Diploma or Diploma in a Financial discipline or a comparable recognised qualification at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 9th September 2019.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 637/2019