Last Updated on February 21, 2022
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate (starting salary from EUR 19,695) will be expected to assist the Head of the Unit in his endeavour to ensure that companies are being incorporated in accordance with the Anti-money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorism Legislation and Regulations, this apart from the Companies Act and the Companies Act (Register of Beneficial Owners) Regulations.
The job holder will be required to:
- Be involved in the verification process of beneficial owners and liaise with the Desk Officers after approval from the head of the Unit;
- Continuously liaise with service providers and clients to understand any issues which may arise and recommend to the Head of the Unit with the remedial actions that should be taken;
- Continuously liaise with clients to collect the pending penalties and issue letters accordingly;
- Assist the Head of the Unit in preparing reports for top management review;
- Assist the Head of the Unit in striking off companies in accordance with section 325 of the Companies Act/section 98 of the Merchant Shipping Regulations; and
- Continuously liaise with the Legal and Enforcement Unit in cases needing legal enforcement.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Head of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Head’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Diploma in Accounting or Finance subject or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to candidates who at least possess three (3) years’ prior experience in a related area and a minimum of 6 ‘O’ Levels (one of which may be an ECDL Certification).
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 21st March 2022.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 155/2022