About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be expected to assist the Head of the Unit in his endeavour to ensure the compliance and enforcement of the regulatory measures emanating from the Companies Act. The starting salary is that of EUR 19,400. The job holder will be required to:
- Visit local companies, as part of an outreach programme, and ensure that these companies are compliant with the regulations emanating from the Companies Act;
- Prepare reports to the Head of the Unit in relation to findings of the visits and recommend required action;
- Execute enforcement notices, if and when required;
- Participate in independent investigations and execute action or orders on matters related to enforcement and compliance, taking appropriate action to address any necessary remedial actions identified during the course of such investigations;
- Continuously liaise with the MBR Legal Unit in cases needing legal enforcement;
- General office and secretarial duties to support the Head, including filing, managing incoming and outgoing mail and following correspondence; and
- Responsible to take minutes during staff meetings and also, when necessary, during meetings with clients.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Head of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Head’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
We are looking for candidates with a NQF Level 5 Diploma or better in Accountancy or in a Finance discipline, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years of relevant experience and a minimum of six ‘O’ Levels, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 2nd September 2019.
The MBR is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 566/2019