Last Updated on July 6, 2020
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The MBR houses the International and Corporate Tax Unit, which complements the other Business Units of the MBR such that a one-stop service for operators in the financial services sector is available. The International and Corporate Tax Unit forms part of the Office of the Commissioner for Revenue under the Ministry for Finance. It is entrusted to assist international business from a fiscal perspective with the aim to promote international investment.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Analyst in Grade 6 (starting Salary from EUR 26,200). S/he will be expected to apply an acquired accountancy and tax law knowledge to the duties carried out within the International and Corporate Tax Unit. These include:
- The processing and review of company tax refund claims in terms of Income Tax Management Act;
- Duties relating to exchanges of information;
- Participate in international fora including meetings organised by OECD and EU;
- Drafting and interpretation of legal instruments;
- Provide technical assistance to taxpayers’ queries;
- Provide assistance to the senior analyst/s and senior manager within a branch of activity within the Unit; and
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of staff under his/her charge.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either, by the Head of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Head’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance or Risk Management or in Legal (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and five (5) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th July 2020.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 363/2020