About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Analyst in Grade 6 (starting Salary from EUR 26,445). S/he will be expected to assist the Head of the Unit in his endeavour to ensure that companies are being incorporated in accordance with the Anti-money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorism Legislation and Regulations, this apart from the Companies Act and the Companies Act (Register of Beneficial Owners) Regulations. The job holder will be required to:
- Lead a team of Junior Analysts in order to assist the Head of the Unit in preparing and executing AML/CFT compliance assessment of the beneficial owners and other key personnel when a new company is being incorporated and also whenever there is a change in an already registered Company;
- Assist Desk Officers in conducting AML/CFT assessments whenever there are changes in the beneficial owners or key personnel in a company already incorporated;
- Liaise with other Authorities, if the need be, when conducting compliance assessment;
- Reviewing, assessing and evaluating reports made available to them to conduct the compliance assessment and contribute towards the implementation of any action when necessary;
- Continuously liaise with clients to collect the pending penalties and communicate with the Legal and Enforcement Unit to issue enforcement notices accordingly;
- Replying to queries in relation to the day to day work, both internally and externally; and
- Participate in meetings with top management in relation to AML/CFT compliance assessments.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance or in Law (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and five (5) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How To Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th September 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 615/2021