About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Register (MBR), established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Assistant Clerk in Grade 11 (starting Salary from EUR 14,700) and will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- General archivist duties in a flexible manner in line with the exigencies of the MBR, including assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing company files and filing registered documents in their respective company files;
- Liaise with the MBR’s Clerks and Administrative Officers to establish a seamless process of moving files to and from the archives;
- Handle administrative requests from superiors;
- Handle requests for information and data;
- Provide assistance to the general public, when requested;
- Recommend improvements to the Archiving system;
- Keep the Archives tidy, organised and up to date; and
- Other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Registrar or by any other official to whom the Registrar’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the MBR.
We are looking for candidates who at least have ‘O’ Level standard in any subject Grade 7 or better, and an equivalent proof of computer literacy. Possession of proven clerical/archiving work experience would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Friday, 23rd August 2019.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 321/2019