Last Updated on May 6, 2021
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The Clerk (Receptionist) in Grade 10 (starting salary from €15,525) will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Answering all incoming calls to the MBR in a professional and polite manner and after filtering such calls direct same calls to the appropriate personnel;
- Send an email to the employee’s mailbox when the employee is not available to respond;
- Provide callers with information on the MBR such as its address, directions to the MBR’s location, website, online system and other related information;
- Greet and direct visitors to the MBR and provide general assistance;
- Direct visitors by maintaining employee and section directories;
- Maintain security by following established procedures such as monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges, and other related procedures;
- Answering inquiries made at the counter;
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail service;
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and log all mail;
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Take bookings for meeting rooms/Boardroom;
- Work closely with every other member of the staff to ensure efficient and friendly operation of the front desk;
- Handle administrative requests from superiors; and
- Other duties as required for the job from time to time.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the MBR.
We are looking for candidates who at least possess a minimum of 5 ‘O’ Levels and also in possession of a recognised ECDL certificate or an equivalent proof of computer literacy. Candidates who are not yet in possession of such certificate will also be considered, subject to being in possession of 5 ‘O’ Levels, on condition that they successfully attain a recognised ECDL certification by the completion of the six months probationary period.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 17th May 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 660/2020