Last Updated on April 13, 2021
About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at a Junior Analyst level (starting Salary from €23,445) and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
The appointee will report to the Head of the ICT Unit and will undertake duties in connection with coaching and mentoring from a technical perspective, together with the development and upkeep of the MBR’s Information Systems. The job involves direction interaction with the users in different units at the MBR to implement effective software solutions within the Agency using the latest technologies.
The individual selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems and networks;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests;
- Providing technical support for internal and external stakeholders (this may be in person or over the phone);
- Setting up accounts for new users;
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary;
- Testing new technology;
- Train, mentor and aspire more junior staff members;
- Work with senior staff to prioritise business and information needs;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Participating in IT-related asset purchases on an organisation-wide basis;
- Effectively plan and manage time, for tasks completion;
- Problem solving and taking decisions in a fast-paced technical environment; and
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Head of the Unit.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the ICT Unit and/or the MBR.
Soft skills required:
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking agile environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to communicate technical issues and show empathy to non-technical people;
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary;
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team; and
- A high degree of self-confidence.
- Microsoft Certifications will be an asset;
- Willing to provide support to IT Team for infrastructure projects in Microsoft Azure Public Cloud environments;
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions; and
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology/Management or an equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates who possess a Diploma at NQF Level 5 or better in Computer Science or Information Technology/Management AND three (3) years prior work experience in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How To Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 3rd May 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 68/2021