About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The selected candidate will be appointed at a Junior Analyst in Grade 7 (starting salary from €24,051) and will report to the Head Legal and Enforcement and to the Senior Analyst within the Foundations and Association Unit and will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- To register and de-register foundations, associations, foreign organisations and segregated cells in terms of law;
- To collect beneficial information relating to foundations, associations, foreign organisations and segregated cells;
- To organise and keep up-to-date the relative files pertaining to such applications and the issuing of various documents such as Certificates of Good Standing and other certificates;
- Ensuring that a quality service is provided and that a collaborative and well-networked culture is embedded, including collaboration with the Police, the FIAU, the Asset Recovery Bureau and other Authorities;
- Ensuring good communication with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations;
- Provide timely, accurate and focused legal information to the Chief Legal;
- To represent the Agency in court and liaise with the Agency’s in-house and/or outsourced Legal Procurators on a regular basis for the successful endeavour of all court cases;
- Liaise with the Head of Compliance & Enforcement Unit on a regular basis, particularly on matters involving enforcement notices, penalties and other related legal issues;
- Participate in the drafting of legal documents and in legal matters relating to the transposition of EU Directives and their implementation measures;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation relating to foundations and associations and provide the Agency with the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documentation;
- Participate in ensuring that the Agency meets its obligations in terms of local legislation, EU directives and corporate governance requirements;
- Keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies;
- Prepare reports for top management review; and
- To offer support to the Agency’s Legal Unit where required.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Law (LL.D) or in Accountancy or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 19th June 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 412/2023