Last Updated on October 19, 2022
About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at a Junior Analyst in Grade 7 (starting salary from €23,536), reporting to the Senior Analyst within the Unit. S/he will assist the Senior Analyst with the evaluation of risk levels and the development of contingency plans and the execution of internal audit tasks that evaluate the MBR’s internal controls and help to maintain operational efficiency by identifying problems and correcting gaps.
The Junior Analyst will be required to:
- Assist in the Analysis of risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the organisation and develop preventive strategies;
- Assist in Developing risk based internal audit plans;
- Conduct regular internal audits to verify whether departments follow the established procedures;
- Create business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, documentation, operating practices and processes;
- Complete audit work by documenting audit tests and findings and communicating such to the Senior Analyst of the Unit by preparing a final report;
- Appraise adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires;
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires, participate in formulating new policies and procedures where necessary to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency;
- Add value and improve the MBR’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes;
- Monitor operating results and verify the accuracy of its accounting and audit trails;
- Safeguard against potential fraud, waste or abuse, and seek to identify breakdowns in internal controls;
- Review operations related to facilities management and recommends new policies and procedures to minimise risks;
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarising operating information and trends;
- Exercise the highest professional care in carrying out audit engagements and shall, as a minimum, observe the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors; and
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding audit rules, best practices and techniques.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Internal Control Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or the ACCA or Risk Management or Business Administration or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a Diploma at NQF Level 5 in Accounting or Risk Management or Business Administration AND three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
In addition to (i) or (ii) or (iii) above, a CISA Certification will be considered an asset.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 7thNovember 2022.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 707/2020