About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The Junior Analyst (starting Salary at €24,051) will be reporting to the Senior Analyst of the Unit and the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
Plan, coordinate, and execute research activities, including research related to:
- Malta’s EU wide positioning in regard to efficiency of insolvency frameworks;
- The transposition of EU-wide directives, highlighting the requirement process for appropriate implementation measures;
- Other registry related research that strengthens the Maltese jurisdiction;
- Follow new research strategies, propose new research areas and select different research methods for different initiatives, particularly observing closely the international developments and new products introduced by other jurisdictions;
- Continuously liaise with relevant stakeholders, including public authorities and other foreign entities where necessary;
- Keep abreast with developments, laws, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities;
- Ensure the quality, development, and on-time circulation of relevant information including ad-hoc research initiatives;
- Deliver and publish research reports for internal and external consumption;
- Recommend conclusions based on sound analysis; and
- Deliver a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- To provide assistance in relation to consumer queries;
- To coordinate and liaise events to be conducted at The Link Hall;
- To coordinate and update content, material and queries ensuing from the MBR Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and other relevant social media channels;
- To plan a monthly social media plan;
- To source content and material, and handle the drafting of MBR publications;
- To prepare presentations;
- Oversee the preparations of the Annual Report;
- To liaise with internal parties in relation to the issuing of external communications and public relations statements, including replies to the press;
- To liaise with clients when sending queries via email
- To draft and liaise with media for the subsequent publication of articles relating to the Agency and/or to the financial services industry;
- To attend training in related areas as required; and
- To contribute towards the business process re-engineering exercise through the coordination of activities within the relevant project.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Senior Analyst of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Senior Analyst’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
(ii) Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(ii) Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th February 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 124/2023