About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The selected candidate will be appointed at a Junior Analyst level (starting salary from €24,051) and will report to the Official Receiver. The Individual selected for this role will be expected to support the Official Receiver in carrying out the following tasks:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Maltese company, bankruptcy, and insolvency laws;
- Provide timely, accurate and focused information on restructuring, dissolution and winding up of commercial partnerships and related matters to superiors;
- Draft reports, applications and other documents for presentation in court as necessary, and appear in court proceedings and /or take the witness stand to give information or brief the court on matters related to commercial partnrships undergoing restructuring, dissolution and winding up;
- Assist commercial partnerships in a likelihood of insolvency as directed to provide them with a chance to restructure and, in turn, avoid dissolution and winding up;
- Coordinate with officials of commercial partnerships, legal entities and natural persons in trade, or their representatives for a handover of documentation, information and any assets;
- Assist in the administration of an estate or business of a commercial partnership legal entity or natural person in trade undergoing restructuring, bankruptcy or dissolution and winding up procedures;
- Coordinate meetings with related parties such as officials of commercial partnerships, legal entities and natural persons in trade, and their creditors or debtors;
- Propose practical solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis;
- Assist in any procedures or actions intended to safeguard the rights of commercial partnerships, legal entities and natural persons in trade, or the body of creditors;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including official public authorities such as the Police and the FIAU and other foreign entities;
- Co-ordinate, administer and otherwise manage any projects lead by the office of the Offficial Receiver; and
- Attend to any other related duties as management may assign from time to time.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties and other Units within the MBR as may be directed from time to time either by the Chief Officer/Official Receiver or by any other official to whom the Chief’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Office and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Law (LL.D) or in Accountancy or an equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 6th March 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 134/2023