Last Updated on July 15, 2021
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Register (MBR), established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Junior Desk Officer in Grade 7 (starting Salary from EUR 23,445) will form part of a multidisciplinary team at the Malta Business Registry. The Junior Desk Officer will be reporting to the Senior Desk Officer and is actively responsible for processing and updating information pertaining to companies’ registered documents, in a timely and efficient manner. The individual selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Vetting of documents which are required to be filed and registered under the Companies Act 1995;
- Vetting and Registration of Online forms;
- Update the MBR Electronic Database, making sure that the information in the registered documents correlates with the online system and vice-versa;
- Inputting of data of new companies;
- Issuing of certificates and certified copies;
- Witnessing in court;
- Assisting senior desk officers and desk officers in their daily duties;
- Participate in the compilation of the Ultimate Beneficial Owner Register;
- Keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies;
- Dealing and communicating with company practitioners and company officers;
- Identifying any failures by companies and their officers in submitting returns, documents and annual accounts within the period stipulated by law and to issue related penalties;
- Prepare reports for review by superiors;
- Advise and guide others on matters concerning the submission of documents; and
- Other duties according to the exigencies of the Registry and/or the MBR as may be required.
We are looking for candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
(i) Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or Legal (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
(ii) Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and a minimum of three (3) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(iii) Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 2nd August 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 420/2021