Last Updated on September 13, 2023
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The selected candidate, as Junior Desk Officer in Grade 7 (starting with a salary of €24,051), will be reporting to the Senior Manager/Senior Desk Officer in a branch of activity (Section) being (i) Incorporations/Dissolutions/Shipping Companies; (ii) Ongoing; and (iii) Ultimate Beneficiary Owners (BOs) and other Transactions, all reporting to the Registrar (Chief Executive Officer) and will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Vetting of documents which are required to be filed and registered under the Companies Act 1995;
- Vetting and Registration of Online forms;
- Update the MBR Electronic Database, making sure that the information in the registered documents correlates with the online system and vice-versa;
- Inputting of data of new companies;
- Issuing of certificates and certified copies;
- Witnessing in court;
- Assisting Senior Desk Officers and Desk Officers in their daily duties;
- Participate in the compilation of the Ultimate Beneficial Owner Register;
- Keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies;
- Dealing and communicating with company practitioners and company officers;
- Identifying any failures by companies and their officers in submitting returns, documents and annual accounts within the period stipulated by law and to issue related penalties;
- Prepare reports for review by superiors;
- Advise and guide others on matters concerning the submission of documents; and
- Other duties according to the exigencies of the Registry as may be required.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Registrar or by any other official to whom the Registrar’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
This post is being designated for the purpose of Sub-Article 5 of Article 4 of the Public Administration Act and in terms of Directive 14, since it involves regulatory and/or inspectorate functions. The relevant conditions laid out in the Public Administration Act and Directive 14 apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance or in Legal (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 2nd October 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 308/2023