About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The Senior Analyst in Grade 5 (starting Salary from EURO 35,854) will report to the Head of the Finance and Administration Unit. The Individual selected for this role will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Performing bank reconciliations and ensure that all cash and cheque reconciliations are performed in a timely manner and records kept up to date;
- Ensuring that monthly payroll is prepared and presented for review to the Head of the Finance and Administration Unit;
- Ensuring Inland Revenue matters, preparation of management accounts and financial statements, management of POS/Sage accounting systems are handled in a timely and effective manner;
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement leading to cost-reduction opportunities;
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy;
- Liaise with the Head of the Finance and Administration Unit with regards the preparation of financial internal policies and procedures;
- Provide support in the compilation of data for the annual preparation of budgets for the Finance and Administration Unit and other Units by putting forward ideas and proposals;
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
- Keep strong external relationships and a collaborative and well-networked culture is embedded with appropriate contacts;
- Prepare reports for top management review; and
- Keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures in financial regulations and legislation.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or the ACCA or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level AND four (4) years’ prior experience in a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or the ACCA or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of studies at NQF Level 6 or better AND six (6) years prior work experience in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess ten (10) years’ prior experience in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How To Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th April 2020.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 206/2020