About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The Senior Analyst in Grade 5 (starting Salary from EURO 35,854) will report to the Senior Manager/Head International Affairs, Research and Communication or until post is vacant to the Chief Operations Officer. The Individual selected for this role will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Develop new research strategies, propose new research areas and select different research methods for different initiatives;
- To develop a strategic communications strategy;
- Conduct periodic meetings with relevant stakeholders, including liaising with public authorities and other foreign entities;
- To coordinate public relations affairs between the agency and the responsible Ministry and entities falling under the same Ministry;
- To direct the delivery of proactive external campaigns and public relations activity;
- To direct the delivery of a robust media relations service which helps build a strong and positive relationship with journalists and the public;
- To ensure appropriate research and evaluation is undertaken to ensure communications activity is effective and responsive to audience needs;
- To direct the delivery of as strategic internal communications programme to help deliver change management and other major internal issues;
- Responsible for the delivery and publication of research reports for internal and external consumption;
- Manage the quality, development and on-time circulation of relevant information including ad-hoc research initiatives;
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy;
- Liaise with other Heads of Units with regards the preparation of Communications internal policies and procedures;
- Take the lead and formulate conclusions based on sound analysis;
- Keep abreast with developments, laws, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organizations and constituted bodies particularly on Freedom of Information Act and Media and Defamation Act;
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
- Keep strong external relationships and a collaborative and well-networked culture is embedded with appropriate contacts;
- Prepare reports for top management review;
- Supervise the research team and ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout; and
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and carry out performance management of the team members within the Unit;
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the International Affairs, Research and Communication Unit and/or the MBR.
(i) Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Management/Commerce or Communication or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level AND four (4) years’ prior experience in a related area; OR
(ii) Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a University of Malta Degree in Management or Commerce or Communication or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of studies at NQF Level 6 or better AND six (6) years prior work experience in a related area; OR
(iii) Candidates who at least possess ten (10) years’ prior experience in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 9th November 2020.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: