About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at a Senior Manager in Grade 4 level (starting salary from €43,851) reporting to the Registrar (Chief Executive Officer)/current Head and will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Implement the MBR’s overall HR strategy;
- Drive the MBR’s to proactively anticipate, plan and meet staffing needs as they arise;
- Design strategies to recruit, nurture and retain talent within the MBR;
- Administer the recruitment and selection procedures in liaison with the respective Ministry and Jobsplus, in line with Regulations and OPM Directive 7 procedures;
- Liaise with the CEO in regard to revising the work structure and updating the job requirements, job descriptions and staff contracts for all positions;
- Manage and control all the HR data, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance of such;
- Manage the MBR’s performance management system to contribute towards building staff motivation in achieving high performance;
- Setting up and programming of internal, local and external training in liaison with line managers or external stakeholders, particularly on the basis of a training needs/skills gaps analysis;
- Handling of staff grievances and disciplinary procedures;
- Handling of the MBR’s staff compensation and benefits procedures and act as reviewer of the monthly salary process;
- Administrating and monitoring of the MBR’s Self Development Scheme;
- Maintenance of the MBR’s Staff Handbook;
- Responsible from Health and Safety and in being the MBR’s Ethics Officer;
- Taking in charge of the implementation of the MBR’s Strategic Plan in accordance with actions/tasks as approved by the Executive Committee;
- Being Member of the MBR’s Board of Management and in Selection Panels in line with the related provision of the Staff Handbook;
- Assisting and providing input to senior management on ‘ad hoc’ issues related to Human Resources;
- Develop a succession plan and ensure that training is aligned to support the plan;
- Maintain the Equality Mark and the HR Quality Mark;
- To handle responsibilities for budgeting in relation to this function; and
- Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the MBR.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time by the CEO.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Registry and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) and Training OR in Occupational Psychology OR Organisational Behaviour or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of six (6) years working experience in a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a University of Malta Degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) and Training OR in Occupational Psychology OR Organisational Behaviour +or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; and also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working experience in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess fourteen (14) years’ prior experience in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 15th May 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 267/2023