About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at an Administrative Officer in Grade 8 level and will report to the Head of the Finance and Administration Unit. The starting salary is that of EUR 19,400. The Individual selected for this role will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Creditor/Purchasing cycle; Posting of invoices in the creditors ledger, processing of payments and filing of the respective documentation;
- Posting of petty cash transactions and reconciliation of petty cash balances;
- Performing bank reconciliations;
- Input payroll activities/transactions and/or components for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements;
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
- Arranging payments for invoices;
- Assisting in the undertaking of financial administration;
- Inputting of financial transactions;
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts, reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements;
- General accounting duties as may be required.
- Issuing of the necessary Purchase Orders while following procedures and policies set by the legal requirements;
- Keeping track of orders issued;
- Supporting the Finance and Administration Unit with regards to invoices received and providing documentation towards reconciliation with purchase orders issued;
- Assisting in managing the day-to-day operations of the MBR, which include: cleaning, security, transport provisions, scheduling and coordination of various works involving both internal operations staff and external suppliers;
- Assisting in administrative functions related to correspondence, archiving and other document management related to corporate services functions.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Head of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Head’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
We are looking for candidates with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting OR Business OR Management or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years of relevant experience AND a minimum of six (6) ‘O’ Levels, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 12th August 2019.
The MBR is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 567/2019