About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The eventual appointee will be appointed at an analyst level (starting Salary from €26,354) and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
The appointee will report to the Head of the ICT Unit and will undertake duties in connection with coaching and mentoring from a technical perspective, together with the development and upkeep of the MBR’s Information Systems.
The job involves direction and interaction with the users in different units at the MBR to implement effective software solutions within the Agency using the latest technologies.
The Cloud Security Specialist selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Engaging with the business to build and/or evaluate cloud-based solutions while actively driving risk down using Microsoft best practice;
- Must be able to compile information and prepare reports based on both manual and automated sources and align to applicable security strategies and established processes;
- Work with Software Developers, Data Analysts, and Executives to ensure mitigation of risks identified in cloud-based solutions;
- Prepare the evaluation, research and development of IT cloud security risk assessments, security tools and implementation plans;
- Assess information security risks of new projects and non-standard IT requests using risk assessment methodologies based on provided architecture;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Participating in IT-related asset purchases on an organization-wide basis;
- Working with internal and external business stakeholders to identify needs and apply or propose appropriate technical solutions;
- Effectively plan and manage time, for tasks completion;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, results driven environment;
- Participating in EU technical workshops;
- Interact with internal and external customers on security-related projects and operational tasks and prepare/conduct brief outs to senior staff members and executives on a regular basis;
- Ensure appropriate security policies and controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic systems;
- Prepare metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program for quarterly and annual Information Security reports to executive management; and
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Head of the Unit.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the ICT Unit and/or the MBR.
Soft skills required:
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts;
- Coordinating, coaching and mentoring staff to successfully achieve the Agency’s Business and IT objectives by serving as an in-house technical reference to team members;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking agile environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Be knowledgeable in current technology and trends;
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language;
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary;
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- A high degree of self-confidence;
- Adequate negotiation skills; and
- Ability to coach, mentor and inspire a pool of technical people.
- 3 years of IT experience in Public cloud infrastructure, secure application development, virtual network, big data, elastic compute and practical cloud information security experience, good to have Azure Certificate AZ500;
- Experience in information management and information technology security design and implementation;
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP and related communication protocols, Windows authentication mechanisms (Kerberos, NTLM, AD), networking technologies, software defined computing, containerization, routing and switching, big data, elastic compute, and risk analysis and risk management methodologies;
- Practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices as well as latest scalable technologies (hard and soft);
- Plan, implement, upgrade and monitor security controls for the protection of cloud-based networks and information systems;
- Provide technical assistance in the selection, configuration, and maintenance of cloud security devices/systems including, but not limited to, firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, WAF, Network-based Malware detection and related platforms as well as software-defined systems; and
- Excellent communication skills (both oral/written) including ability to clearly communicate risks and risk management issues to technologists and non-technologists. Experience with connected technologies such as public cloud infrastructure, internet of things, sensors/integrated platforms.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology/Management or in Mathematics or in Statistics or in Economics or an equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level AND four (4) years’ prior experience as a data analyst or business data analyst or in a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates who possess a Diploma at NQF Level 5 or better in Computer Science or Information Technology/Management or in Mathematics or in Statistics or in Economics AND five (5) years prior work experience as a data analyst or business data analyst or in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role as a data analyst or business data analyst or in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How To Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to email@example.com
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 17th August 2020.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 404/2020