Last Updated on August 26, 2022
About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The eventual appointee will be appointed as an Analyst in Grade 6 level (starting salary from €26,536) and will report to the Head of the Human Resources and Development Unit. The Individual selected for this role will be entrusted with responsibilities related with all compensation procedures, including salaries and rewards; and any other benefits emanated by the MBR Staff Handbook. The individual selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- To carry out monthly payroll calculations for MBR and any other entity supported by the Agency followed by submission of monthly returns (including those to Inland Revenue Department);
- Input payroll activities/transactions and/or components for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements;
- Ensuring that the monthly payroll is prepared on time and presented for review to the Head of the Unit;
- Ensuring that Inland Revenue and Social Services matters are handed in a timely and effective manner;
- Ensuring that other staff benefits are handled in a timely manner and in accordance with the MBR Staff Handbook;
- To assist in the administration of the MBR’s performance management system and in any resulting rewards, including the annual salary review;
- Researching employee motives, suggesting appealing rewards and designing benefit programs based on staff needs;
- Assisting in the creation of fair and attractive compensation and benefits plans that support the MBR to improve employee satisfaction and motivate high level performance workplace;
- Liaise with the Head of HR with regards to the preparation of internal policies and procedures;
- Provide support in the compilation of data for the annual preparation of budgets in relation to compensation and benefits, including training;
- Liaising with managerial staff and internal clients;
- Participate in Unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions;
- Prepare reports for top management review;
- Administer the related HRIS and/or DAKAR payroll software; and
- Keeping abreast with developments, policies, procedures and labour law.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Human Resources and Development Unit and/or the MBR.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Occupational Psychology or Human Resource Management or Accounting or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of two (2) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a Human Resource environment; OR
- Candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Occupational Psychology or Human Resource Management or Accounting or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a Human Resource environment; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Diploma in a related area and five (5) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a Human Resource environment; OR
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a Human Resource environment.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How To Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 19th September 2022.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 283/2022