Last Updated on September 14, 2021
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The MBR also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The Junior Analyst in Grade 7 (starting Salary from EURO 23,121) will report to the Head of the Finance and Administration Unit. The Individual selected for this role will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Creditor/Purchasing cycle; Posting of invoices in the creditor’s ledger, processing of payments and filing of the respective documentation;
- To carry out monthly payroll calculations for MBR and any other entity supported by the Agency followed by submission of monthly returns (including those to Inland Revenue Department);
- To identify and implement changes that will enhance the Leave Management System;
- Compiles payroll information related to work assignments for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information;
- Performing bank reconciliations including payroll account balances reconciliation for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and complying with established guidelines;
- Input payroll activities/transactions and/or components for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements;
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
- Arranging payments for invoices;
- Assisting in the undertaking of financial administration;
- Inputting of financial transactions;
- To assist in the preparation of financial data and compile reports for external audit;
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts, reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements;
- Participate in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- General accounting duties as may be required; and
- Assisting in administrative functions related to correspondence, archiving and other document management related to corporate services functions.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
(i) Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; OR
(ii) Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a Diploma at NQF Level 5 in Accounting and three (3) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(iii) Candidates who at least possess five (5) years’ prior experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th September 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: