Last Updated on November 7, 2023
About the Malta Business Registry (MBR)
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties.
The MBR is also responsible for the registration of foundations, associations, foreign organisations and segregated cell companies, the registration of documents related to mentioned legal persons and also keeps the register of beneficial owners of such organisations.
The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Professional Officer in Grade 6 (Starting Salary from €27,051) and will be expected to report to the Chief Legal Officer or to any other official to whom the Chief’s authority is delegated.
Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Legal and Enforcement Unit:
- Contribute towards the achievement of the Agency’s strategic and legal objectives;
- Provide timely, accurate and focused legal information to Chief Legal;
- Assist in actions as required regarding enforcement of penalties;
- Liaise with the Compliance Unit on a regular basis, particularly on matters involving enforcement notices and other related legal issues;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of company law, including different types of companies registered under the Companies Act and the relevant procedures;
- To assist in the digitalisation of company law procedures and preferably be familiar with IT law;
- Liaise with the Agency’s Research Section on a regular basis, particularly on legal matters relating to the transposition of EU Directives and their implementation measures;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation and provide the Agency with the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documentation;
- Participate in ensuring that the Agency meets its obligations in terms of local legislation, EU directives and corporate governance requirements; and
- Keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties and other Units as may be directed from time to time either by the Chief Legal Officer or by any other official to whom the Chief’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
(i) We are looking for candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Legal (LL.D) or Procurator Legal academic qualification or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of two (2) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(ii) Candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Legal or Procurator Legal academic qualification or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(iii) Consideration will also be given to Candidates with an NQF Level 5 Procurator Legal Diploma or an equivalent qualification in a related area and five (5) years prior work experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area; OR
(iv) Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ experience in an assistant managerial role within a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday 27th November 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 128/2023