About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnerships, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The eventual appointee will be appointed in Grade 5 level (starting Salary from EUR 36,551) and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
The appointee will report to the Head of the ICT Unit and will undertake duties in connection with team coordination, coaching and mentoring from a technical perspective, together with the development and upkeep of the MBR’s Information Systems. The job involves direct interaction with the users in different units at the MBR to implement effective software solutions within the Agency using the latest technologies.
The individual selected for this role will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Writing and interpreting technical reports and required documents, and proposing technical solutions whenever necessary;
- Coordinating and administering supplier management with regards to necessary updates and maintenance of the Agency’s website;
- Managing web-services with third party stakeholders;
- Coordinating, coaching and mentoring staff to successfully achieve the Agency’s Business and IT objectives by serving as an in-house technical reference to team members;
- Managing and being involved in the entire Software Development Lifecycle in a multi-tasking capacity by working on multiple projects at the same time while maintaining quality and attention to detail;
- Working with business users to identify needs and apply or propose appropriate technical solutions;
- Effectively managing time, tasks and planning software releases;
- Problem solving and taking decisions in a fast-paced technical environment;
- Ensure appropriate security policies and controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic systems;
- Prepare metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program for quarterly and annual Information Security reports to executive management; and
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Head of the Unit.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time either by the Head of the Unit or by any other official to whom the Head’s authority is delegated.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the ICT Unit and/or the MBR.
Soft skills required:
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Be knowledgeable in current technology and trends.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language.
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary.
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- A high degree of self-confidence.
- Adequate negotiation skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and inspire a pool of technical people.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking agile environment to meet strict deadlines.
- Experiencing in designing, coding and building software applications and working with data systems and infrastructures (cloud and on-prem).
- Experience maintaining business-critical production systems.
- Experience in information management and information technology security design and implementation;
- Experience working in a high-paced and rapidly growing organizations and great presentation skills and the ability to articulate during training.
- Experience managing software development in a SQL Server environment by designing and scripting for SQL Server, proven SQL Server (T-SQL) scripting experience is essential.
- Solid experience building business intelligence solutions (data warehouse, ETL, Reports) and ability to understand instrumentation and devise technical solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud resources across IaaS and PaaS.
- Good understanding of GDPR regulatory framework applications on IT area.
- Provide technical assistance in the selection, configuration, and maintenance of cloud security devices/systems including, but not limited to, firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, WAF, Network-based Malware detection and related platforms as well as software-defined systems;
- Practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices as well as latest scalable technologies (hard and soft);
- Plan, implement, upgrade and monitor security controls for the protection of cloud-based networks and information systems;
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level AND four (4) years’ prior experience in a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a University of Malta Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of studies at NQF Level 6 or better AND six (6) years prior work experience in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess ten (10) years’ prior experience in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 27th February 2023.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 125/2023