About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 497.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Head of the ICT Unit in the Grade of Senior Manager Grade 4 level (starting Salary from EUR 43,245) currently reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will be involved in consultancy, leadership, and management to develop and maintain mission critical systems to meet business requirements. The primary duties/responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Consulting the organisation on how to best utilise technologies in achieving business objectives;
- Solution architecture and technical design;
- Project management and implementation of systems infrastructure and software development projects;
- Lead the ICT team, providing guidance and coaching to staff;
- Overseeing the operations and maintenance of all deployed technologies, whether on-premises, third-party data centres, or in public or private cloud environments. Such technologies include, but are not limited to, Servers, Storage, Backups, Applications, Networks, Telephony, Virtualisation, Power, Structured Cabling, and Disaster Recovery;
- Manage solutions and infrastructure to ensure their adoption within project activities;
- Effective management of service providers;
- Review of agreements for services and contracts in various technical areas;
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other senior management and staff within the Agency in connection with the identification of business needs;
- Conduct Risk Assessment with Internal Audit department for ensuring that systems, processes, and procedures are in place to provide optimum security and to assure the integrity of the Agency’s operation and all electronic data held by it;
- Responsible for ICT governance, planning, procedures, and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, documented and available for auditing purposes;
- Maintain the ICT portfolio technology roadmap;
- Ensures that functional specifications and system documentation are written and maintained up to date;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets;
- Participation in EU related workshops;
- Monitoring supplier contractual or SLA obligations;
- Ensuring adherence to management policies and decisions by assuming a leading role in the implementation of IT systems/solutions;
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and technology evolution in general and ensuring adequate technical training and development plans for the ICT team within allocated budget;
- Carrying out any other additional duties according to the exigencies of the Agency as directed by the Registrar, the Chief Operations Officer and/or their representative/s;
- Leading and/or participating in Strategic Plan task groups related to IT; and
- Implementing Strategic Plan approved tasks within stipulated timeframes.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Unit and/or the MBR.
Soft skills required:
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Be knowledgeable in current technology and trends.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language.
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary.
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- A high degree of self-confidence.
- Adequate negotiation skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and inspire a pool of technical people.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology from an accredited school or university is required.
- Project Management certification PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a multi-tasking agile environment and meeting strict deadlines.
- At least 5 years of broad System Design, Supervision of Software Applications Development and working with Data and Azure Public Cloud Infrastructures – Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ 900 Certificate is required.
- Experience maintaining business-critical production systems.
- Experience working in a high-paced and rapidly growing organizations and great presentation skills and the ability to articulate during training.
- Experience with API Development, Azure DevOps, and Azure API Management.
- Experience with Containerized Environments and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Experience managing software development in an Azure PostGreSQL Environment and designing and scripting PostgreSQL Managed Instances.
- Solid experience building business intelligence solutions (data warehouse, ETL, Reports) and ability to understand instrumentation and devise technical solutions and basic understanding of Microsoft PowerBI as a reporting tool.
- Good understanding of GDPR regulatory framework applications on IT area.
- Experience with transforming Business requirements in technological achievements, ITIL v4 certification is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of implementing Hyper-ledger based Permissioned Blockchain systems and experience with IBM Blockchain Platform.
(iii) Candidates who at least possess fourteen (14) years’ prior experience in a related area.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 22nd November 2021.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Operations Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 798/2021