About the Malta Business Registry
The Malta Business Registry, established under Subsidiary Legislation 595.27, is responsible for the registration of new commercial partnerships, the registration of documents related to commercial partnership, the issuing of certified documentation including certificates of good-standing amongst others, the reservation of company names, the collection of registration and other fees, the publication of notices and the imposition and collection of penalties. The Registry also conducts investigations of companies and the keeping of the company and partnership register.
As a workplace, the MBR promotes equality and diversity, respects equal pay for work of equal value and equal opportunities for training and career progression.
The selected candidate will be appointed at a Senior Manager in Grade 4 level (starting salary from €43,336) reporting to the Registrar (Chief Executive Officer) and will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties which shall include:
- Act as a key person in handling AML matters on a daily basis identified during the screening process by the Compliance Unit or from information hand over by the Registry;
- To carry out immediate investigations on companies from own initiative or when issues are reported by MBR employees or the general public;
- Actively identifies and report suspicious transactions to the FIAU after reviewing screening reports or internal disclosures;
- Undertakes analytical duties in line with the powers given to the MBR as Supervisory Authority;
- Act as a main contact person with the FIAU in relation to AML matters;
- Handle and advise internal staff on AML/CFT related enquiries;
- Monitor, keep abreast and assess the impact of AML/CFT Regulatory Developments;
- Involved in delivering training to internal staff in relation to AML/CFT matters to ensure that all Red Flags, where possible, are being identified and reported to the MLRO for review;
- Assist, by providing information, the Compliance Unit in the update of the Risk Assessment of Legal Entities;
- Continuously liaise with the Compliance Unit so that the flow of the registration process, both of new companies and also of documentation, is kept; and
- Issue guidance notes/documentation as per provisions of the Companies Act and also internal guidance / notes / reports.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Registrar.
Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Registry and/or the MBR.
This post is being designated for the purpose of Sub-Article 5 of Article 4 of the Public Administration Act and in terms of Directive 14, since it involves regulatory and/or inspectorate functions. The relevant conditions laid out in the Public Administration Act and Directive 14 apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance or in Legal (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 7 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of six (6) years working experience in a related area; OR
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a University of Malta Degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance or in Legal (LL.D) or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; AND also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working experience in a related area; OR
- Candidates who at least possess fourteen (14) years’ prior experience in a related area.
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on http://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
How to Apply
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
C.V and covering letter will be received by not later than Monday, 28th November 2022.
The MBR will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. The MBR reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
The MBR shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the MBR Chief Executive Officer, AM Business Centre, Triq il-Labour, Zejtun ZTN 2401.
Submission of Information
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Public Call Permit Reference: 347/2022